Sunday, April 20, 2008

when May is rushing over you

Eight pounds of strawberries? Is, for the record, an enormous quantity of strawberries. If you were wondering. (Seriously. If you ever find yourself standing in Costco, telling yourself that maybe you might need the second gigantic box of fruit, you don't. Trust me.)

But, now I have 16 half-pint jars of jam cooling on our dining room table. And two cookie trays full of quartered strawberries in the freezer. And, unrelatedly, I may be developing seasonal allergies. I think I'm going to be in bed inside the hour.


For those of you in Cleveland, let me know if you prefer strawberry preserves (whole fruits in jelly, basically) or strawberry-blueberry-raspberry jam. The jam fairy will be making deliveries this week.


title from "These Are the Days," 10000 Maniacs.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Score.

I'm gonna say strawberry preserves.

Anonymous said...

Oh, canning is so comforting. Didn't it make your heart leap up with each little ping of a lid snapping down as the vacuum formed?